Friday, July 27, 2012

Wild Salmon Country

Regular readers of my blog know that I haven't written much of late.  There are two reasons for my literary absence. First, I recently returned from visiting Seattle and Vancouver, Canada. For a wild salmon lover,  I had died and gone to heaven. I was in Wild Salmon country.

Here on this east-side of the country, it is a foregone conclusion that unless stated otherwise, any salmon sold in a restaurant is farm-raised. In Seattle and Vancouver, it is just the opposite. In fact, I got tired of having restaurateurs and wait staff look at me strangely when asked if the fish they were serving was wild. "Of course," was the repeated response.

It was nirvana. I even visited a place where you can see the salmon leap up out of the water and swim against the current. It was an amazing sight to behold. I just couldn't get enough of the wild fish and its incredible nutritional contents. Rich with omega-3s, Vitamin D, and the healthiest saturated fat, it is the perfect source of fatty acids and protein for almost any diet.  In fact, I love wild salmon's bounty so much that I carried about six pounds of an assorted variety back home with me.

The other reason for my absence was my ongoing work on my two forthcoming books. One book is about eating and living for longevity based on centenarian diets and lifestyles, and the second book is on the dangers of taking medical advice from celebrity doctors and the mass media.

Much progress has been made on both books and one publisher has already offered to publish one of the books. So stay tuned and I'll keep updating you when something worth writing about comes along.

2 comments:

  1. Alaska has at least 5 different variety of wild salmon and each has distinct taste and flavor which differs enormously. But the true taste of the salmon is when you catch it yourself. Perhaps salmon fly fishing in Idaho should be your next planned getaway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why there's no other place to go when it comes to wild salmon fishing. Actually, we'll be heading to Alaska next week for some fishing trip.

    By: Alaska Fishing Trips

    ReplyDelete