Saturday, August 16, 2014

168

Do you know what 168 stands for?
For those who do not know that number, let me give you some hints. 168 represents something very valuable, yet often taken for granted. It's also represents something that most people would think is far less. Ready for the answer?
Drum-roll, please.
168 represents the number of hours in a week.
When I ask this question to many people, the answer surprises them. I often ask the question in response to someone inquiring about how I spend my time these days. When they hear what 168 represents, they first smile to themselves as they do their own silent calculations -- 7 days times 24 hours a day equals 168.
But the best part is when they look again at me and grin. For in that moment, they realize that 168 is a pivotal number for me and that I am transmitting a message with my question. Before they can speak, I do a little more math for them. I start by stating that if I sleep 7 hours a day, which is my target, I will use 49 hours of the 168 a week. That leaves 119 hours at my disposal.
That also leaves 119 hours at anyone's disposal that sleeps 7 hours a night. If you work, subtract at least another 40 to 60 hours that includes transportation time and you are left with a neat 59 to 79 hours to eat, shop, bathe, toilet, have sex, and generally meet human needs. That may knock of another 25 to 30 hours off a week leaving you with a sum total of a low of 29 to a high of 54 hours.
Depending on the speed at which you do life, you should have time left over for more pleasant activities such as parenting (both to children and your own parents; yes, I know that it's not always pleasant), enjoying hobbies, reading, exercising, watching (may not actually be better), and socializing.
I suggest you do your own tally and figure out how you spend each week.
Why bother?
Two reasons.
First, as you only go around once, don't you want to figure out if you are making the best use of your time? It seems that many people don't appreciate the value of their current time and instead 'plan' to make good use of time only when they retire.
That's a shame. You never know what life may bring when you retire, such a state of health, and you shouldn't wait for it.
Second, and far more personal to me, retirement for most people doesn't appear to be all that great. What, you may say? Are you crazy? You may feel that when you retire, you won't have to set your alarm clock, get ready for work, travel to work, work all day to make a living, go home, and repeat the same regiment the next day. Wouldn't that be great? I know I felt that way.
Then I retired. I like to read, watch, socialize, eat, have sex, shower, sleep, exercise, etc. The problem is that even when I'm done, I'm still left with too much time to spend. (No speedy sex jokes, please)
Okay, you may say, how about some charitable or volunteer work? I've tried that by getting involved in community, non-profit work. It just wasn't all that satisfying for me because there always seemed to be more talking than action. In fact, it almost seemed like people joined these boards to hear themselves speak. (By the way, I'm not saying that such organizations don't play an important role--just that they weren't my cup of tea.)
So what's my point here?
Stop wasting your time because you never know what you will find at the end of the rainbow. Find work that you enjoy if that is possible. Work is for most people a necessity, but that doesn't always mean you have to spend spend your life doing unpleasant work in the hope that retirement, even an early one, will make it all worth it. A terminally ill cancer patient once told me that no one states on their death bed that they wished they had spent more time at the office.
So back to 168 hours a week. It's actually plenty; so make sure you are using them all well. If not, maybe it's time you started.
My last piece of advice is never retire. Keep working until you can't physically or intellectually work any more. If you work because you are trying to save for retirement or to put food on the table then keep doing what you must until you are financially comfortable (whatever that means for you), then switch to work you enjoy so it won't feel much like work.
Finally, always find a reason to get out of bed every day. It sure beats the alternative.

5 comments:

  1. I was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer in August of 2010. A precious friend told me about Dr Itua Herbal Center in West Africa,She gave me his contact number and email address,I contacted him quickly so he give me guaranty that his herbal medicine will cure my cancer and i will be heal forever I said Okay.I ask him about the process for the cure,he ask me to pay for the fees which i did and within 7 working days he sent me the herbal medicine then he instructed me on how to drink it for two weeks to cure.I told Gomez my friend about the herbal medicine so he gave me go ahead to drink it.So after drinking it for two weeks i was cured I'm so grateful and i promise i will recommend anyone with cancer to him and that what i'm doing.Dr Itua Herbal Medicine makes me believes there is a hope for people suffering from,Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Leukemia,Lung Cancer,Skin Cancer,Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Fibromyalgia,a
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease, Diabetes ,Coeliac disease, Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpes,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Copd,Diabetes.
    Here Is His Contact Info......[Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/Whatsapp...+2348149277967]

    ReplyDelete
  2. ARE YOU AWARE THAT MODERN NATURAL HERBAL MEDICINES OF THIS GENERATION NOW PERMANENTLY CURE DRUG RESISTANT DISEASES LIKE; HSV/HERPES, CANCERS, HIV/AIDS, ERECTILE DISJUNCTION/ IMPOTENCY, DIABETES FOREVER WITHOUT A POSSIBLE COME BACK OR AFTER EFFECTS?
    It wonderfully worked for me;
    At first I was a bit skeptical about this Natural cure for herpes and other similar medicines. Discovering people with similar symptoms who are treated and cured by Dr Utu both on medias and in social medias on daily basis motivated me, so I contacted him for help!
    At first, I was a bit curious about this possible cure, but! I don't want to be left out without giving it a trial, so I contacted him as well.
    Some hours later he replied me, then he asked me some private questions, of which I honestly answered, I told him how I have lived and suffered with this disease and how much I will do anything to get rid of it. He assured me of total cure after taking his herbal medicines. It was even more easier than I expected. Also I never even imagined to get my parcels within five working days, but to my greatest surprise my parcels was brought to my doorstep by the end of the second day. I collected the parcel which I followed all the instructions as he had directed. Just as I was told "four weeks medication " my medicine finished in four weeks exactly. From week one of my medication I started noticing positive change in health. and in week two I could tell much more differences and I was so eager to even testify of life again in me.
    I patiently continue medication till the last bottle which was then week four. I was the first person the next day in the clinic for lab test. Not even a particle of herpes was found in my system when I collected my result. Knowing I'm now herpes negative at this point I proceeded to inform my doctor, he doubted me, that day he gave me a month appointment to be closely monitored. It's my health so I waited more six Months and again i went for 'lab test' in a different clinical lab.
    This time the result was still the same as the previous one. Also since this year I have been living my normal life and am still herpes free no symptoms and even till now no cold sore or outbreak. As a result of this herbal cure in my life and my family at large, I can boast of doctors today who through me, now uses African Traditional Roots and Herbs to TREAT AND CURE patients that are, CANCERS, HERPES, PARALYSIS, and HIV successfully today. Many are still ignorant of this I know.
    Contact Dr Utu directly today on; "drutuherbalcure@gmail.com" to free yourself from emotional stress and become healthy again

    ReplyDelete
  3. This way my acquaintance Wesley Virgin's report launches with this SHOCKING and controversial VIDEO.

    As a matter of fact, Wesley was in the army-and shortly after leaving-he discovered hidden, "mind control" tactics that the CIA and others used to get whatever they want.

    As it turns out, these are the same tactics lots of celebrities (notably those who "became famous out of nothing") and top business people used to become wealthy and famous.

    You probably know how you use less than 10% of your brain.

    That's mostly because the majority of your brainpower is UNCONSCIOUS.

    Maybe this expression has even occurred INSIDE OF YOUR very own head... as it did in my good friend Wesley Virgin's head around 7 years ago, while riding a non-registered, beat-up bucket of a car with a suspended license and $3 on his bank card.

    "I'm very frustrated with going through life check to check! Why can't I turn myself successful?"

    You've taken part in those thoughts, isn't it right?

    Your very own success story is waiting to happen. All you have to do is in YOURSELF.

    CLICK HERE TO LEARN WESLEY'S METHOD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was married at 32 and immediately tried to get pregnant. When I was unable to conceive I had blood tests for fertility and was told that I had an FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) of 54 and would not be able to have children. Even though the doctors knew that I had been diagnosed with Hashimoto’s thyroiditis since age 25, no one bothered to check my thyroid levels. my TSH was measured at .001. My Synthroid dosage was lowered. a friend advise me to contact a spiritualist who help with fertility with his medicine, i collected his contact and explain my situation to him he prepared for me a herbal medicine which i took as describe by him. became pregnant very quickly, I had a successful pregnancy. I have my baby august 2017. to get pregnant at age 35 with my 2nd child in september 2019, thank you sir , this is his email contact if you require his help babaka.wolf@gmail.com or Facebook at priest.babaka










    I was married at 32 and immediately tried to get pregnant. When I was unable to conceive I had blood tests for fertility and was told that I had an FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) of 54 and would not be able to have children. Even though the doctors knew that I had been diagnosed with Hashimoto’s thyroiditis since age 25, no one bothered to check my thyroid levels. my TSH was measured at .001. My Synthroid dosage was lowered. a friend advise me to contact a spiritualist who help with fertility with his medicine, i collected his contact and explain my situation to him he prepared for me a herbal medicine which i took as describe by him. became pregnant very quickly, I had a successful pregnancy. I have my baby august 2017. to get pregnant at age 35 with my 2nd child in september 2019, thank you sir , this is his email contact if you require his help babaka.wolf@gmail.com or Facebook at priest.babaka

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete